Internship work permit in Germany

A number of different German authorities are involved in the work permit application process for interns from non-EU countries. At visaboard we have specialized in supporting and consulting both companies and students in the process of obtaining the required work permit for foreign students performing a study-related co-op program in Germany. Due to years of experience in the international student and intern exchange business we are able to guide both German-based host companies as well as foreign students swiftly and efficiently through the respective application process with the German authorities. In general an application for a work permit needs to be filed by the German host company only if their interns are from non-EU countries, Romania or Bulgaria. Students from all EU member states do in general have the permission to work in Germany during a study-related student internship or co-op program.
Our clients are mostly German-based businesses that offer foreign students the opportunity to get to know their respective fields of business during a student internship. At the same time the businesses benefit from the diverse cultural backgrounds and market knowledge that their student interns bring with them. In addition to these businesses we also advise students from non-EU countries, Romania and Bulgaria free of charge and without obligation. Please the folllowing chapters for more detailed information: